The most useful item we all have in our homes are undoubtedly lemons! Start the cooking and end the cleaning with them, they can do it all. But do we know ALL the purposes of these citrus frutis? Some of them you would never ever have been imagined!
These are the 16 unexpected and non-typical ways how you can use lemons in your home:
1. Insect repellant
– Do you mind the invasion of ants in your house? Pour some lemon juice on doorways, window sills or whenever you see them coming inside. Another disturbing insects are of course, mosquito and housefly. Get rid of them on this way: cut one lemon in half, then stick gloves into them to repel the pests and bloodsuckers!
2. Multi-purpose cleaner
– Mix 5oz. vinegar with lemon peel into a spray bottle and let it sit 24 hours. The next day add 5oz. water in the bottle and start using this as a multi-purpose cleaning solution.
3. Goodbye berry stains
– From clothes: wash them in cold water and then soak the stain in lemon juice for a couple of minutes. From hands: wash your hands with lemon juice and remove the berry stains from them.
4. Cutting board cleaner
– Use one halved lemon to scrub it on your cutting board sprikled with salt, then let it dry for 15 minutes and repeat the process.
5. Stainless steel cleaner
– Put baking soda on halved lemon and scrub to get your stainless steel clean.
6. Get your white clothes brighter
– Half an hour before you wash the white clothes, soak your laundry in lemon juice and baking soda, to get your whites whiter.
7. Tonic for health
– Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with juice from half a lemon in a glass of minearl water. Drink it every single morning for two weeks in a row, and then rest for two weeks and repeat. This helps imroving digestion, liver purify, lowering the bad cholesterol and give you a dose of vitamin C.
8. Strong nails
– soak your nails in warm water mixed with a few drops of lemon juice and keep them strog.
9. Lemon candle
– Cut the lemon in two pieces, scoop out the guts and pour wax into the lemon.
10. Goodbye freckles
– Rub a lemon on your face to get rid of freckles and lighten.
11. Remove shoe odor
– leave lemon peels in your shoes overhight and get rid of funky smells.
12. Immunitiy booster
– Every morning drink a warm glass of lemon water and honey on an empty stomach to improve digestion and boost imnunity.
13. Seeds growing
– Squeeze a lemon dry and fill it with a little dirt, then add seeds and more dirt. Water often and watch grow.
14. Refresh apliances
– Soak a sponge in lemon juice and wipe down your refrigerator to get rid of smells. Also, you can add lemon juice and rut it through your dishwasher or add it into your humidifier to get rid of unpleasant scents.
15. Finger wash
– If you are attending a fancy dinner party, leave a bowl of lemon water on the table, so people can wash their fingers.
Hope you find them useful in your life!