Tumeric is a bright yellow aromatic powder obtained from the rhizome of a plant of the ginger family, used for flavoring and coloring in Asian cooking and formerly as a fabric dye.
Nowadays, is frequently used for many purposes, such as:
– heal arthritis pain, due to it’s anti-inflammatory properties;
– help liver detoxification;
– boost blood circulation;
– heal the digestive tract;
– reduce the pain and fever;
– fight against several types of cancer.
In India is often used in their traditional turmeric milk. It’s adventage is relaxing the body and put you right to sleep. You must try it sometimes!
Also it could be added ginger,too, for further enhance of anti-inflammatory properties, and honey as sweetener. You can use coconut milk. I hope you enjoy it as much as i do!
Here is how you can make this delicious beverage:
- 2 cups coconut milk (or any other type);
- 1 teaspoon turmeric;
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to enhance absorption of turmeric);
- 1” piece of ginger sliced; raw honey as sweetener.
Add all the ingredients in a saucepan and whisk to combine, heat until starts to bubble, then slow down the heat, and let it simmer for 5 minutes to melt the flavors; strain out the ginger and add honey and stir. When it’s done, make 2 servings.
- 3 tbsp turmeric;
- 2 tsp black pepper;
- 1 tbsp powdered ginger; add in a jar, then cover it, and then shake to combine.
1 teaspoon of the powdered mix with 1 cup of milk. Enjoy it!